About the Firm
W. Brice Cottongame has 30 years experience in handling personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Brice has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law since 1989. Brice Cottongame Fort Worth Lawyer
Our clients include police officers, lawyers, and people from all walks of life who have suffered or grieved because of someone else’s carelessness. We pride ourselves on our professional relationship with our clients. We believe that the client is best served when he or she is candidly advised as to legal effects of the evidence on their rights and remedies. We are also aware that this is a difficult time in our client’s lives and we treat our clients with caring and respect.
We take litigation seriously, and while in some cases, a lawsuit is unavoidable, in other cases, the at-fault party and their insurer can be forced to accept responsibility without the delay and expense associated with trial. We are not a plaintiff’s “mill.” We litigate our own cases and will not refer a personal injury or wrongful death claim to another lawyer just because suit must be filed. Mr. Cottongame has devoted his life to obtaining significant recoveries for his clients.
We accept cases from all over the state and have represented clients all over the country.
Our principal office is in Fort Worth, Texas, where Mr. Cottongame was born and raised, and we have affiliated offices in Houston, Dallas and Mineral Wells.
W. Brice Cottongame
For the last thirty years, Mr. Cottongame has devoted his life to obtaining significant recoveries for his clients. Brice tried his first personal injury case when he was 24 years old. Since then he has devoted his law practice to representing persons and families who have suffered injury or death as a result of someone else's negligence. Brice has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since his first year of eligibility which was 1989. And has been continuously recertified ever 5 years since then. Brice is a native of Fort Worth, Texas and a third generation native Texan.
- South Texas College of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, 1984
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1989)
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association (Director 1989-1993; President 1994)
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (Assoc, Director 1986-1990; Director 1990-1995)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- State Bar of Texas
- Supreme Court of Texas – 1984
- U.S Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Western District of Texas
- 5th Circuit – U.S. Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Top Lawyers in Texas (The Legal Network), 2016
- Top Attorneys (Fort Worth Texas Magazine), 2015, 2014, 2013
- Top Attorneys in Texas (Texas Monthly Magazine), 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, 1994-2014
- (Highest Possible Peer Review Rating in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards)
- Wallace Craig & Associates, Fort Worth (1984-1995)
- Henderson, Haskell & Cottongame, Fort Worth (1995-1998)
- Law Office of W. Brice Cottongame & Associates, Fort Worth (1998-Present)
- Born 1958 in Fort Worth, Texas
- Member Arlington Heights United Methodist Church; Administrative Board Chair 2001-2005, 2010-2012
- Married with two children.
Brenda Shirley, C.P.
Brenda Shirley has over 30 years paralegal experience in personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Ms. Shirley is a Certified Paralegal by the National Association of Legal Assistants since 2000.
Ms. Shirley is a graduate of the University of Texas at Arlington and was recognized as the 2006 Paralegal of the Year by the Fort Worth Paralegal Association.